Thursday 24 June 2010

Scouts: Last night

Hi Guys

Well what an interesting night. Matariki was a little crowded for the first group but the one performer they listened too before departing to the squid and earthquake exhibits was brilliant. What caught my eye is that Te Papa is always changing so that one can never go there enough. The radio sculptures caught my eye. Good news was that we lost just one person – a Leader and driver!!

The trip to Beacon Hill will have taught most of you a lesson – always prepare yourself before going. Who else checked that the Leader’s instructions were correct? I didn’t. I assumed it was right. And we all know that “assume” makes an ASS of U and ME. Having said that, being lost brings the team spirit into play, and I found a good co-navigator in my car. The silver lining to the dark cloud. And Beaacon Hill itself was brilliant – lots of boys toys and stories to share. Would be good for smaller groups to go back when the new building is finished.

Thanks Randall for suggesting and organising a great night. To you parents – apologies for the late return. Hope Phil put on a perfect cup of tea!!

Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?