Saturday 27 April 2024

Maddy's Chief Scout Adventurous Journey

Chief Scout Rimu Award Adventurous Journey

by Maddy Knapp

My camp was a biking camp. We started met at Pukerua Bay scout den when we dropped off our stuff and bikes. My mum drove us to Paekakariki and dropped us off at the Fisherman’s table carpark. We walked back to the Pukerua Bay den along the coastal road.  When we got back to the den we completed our Antarctica badge and conservation badge. After that we cooked dinner, ate dinner and then played Ps and As.

The next day we packed up and biked to the movies in Pauatahanui with Ellie’s group. We watched Kung Fu Panda 4. Then we biked to Ngatitoa scout den. In the afternoon we did badge work and derigged boats and build bivvys. We cooked dinner and slept in the boats.


On the last day we biked to the pirate mini golf in Porirua. We played golf and then we biked back to the den. We packed up and did a review and left.



My reflections…..

Things that went good

  • good decision to go to the movies with Ellie’s group as it helped fill in spare time
  • we biked good. We stayed together as a group
  • organisation of gear and transportation was good
  • my camp wasn’t overpacked
  • we completed all the badge work we planned to do
  • we did everything we planned to do
  • meals turned out well
  • we were very under budget

Things that didn’t go good

  • Over estimated badge work because I scheduled to muchtime
  • forgot the meat patties in the freezer in Pukerua Bay scout 

den
  • I felt stressed when I was told Mel was coming. I knew I didn’t have enough food for another person and I knew I didn’t have enough money in my bank account for the golf

Next time….

  • I would schedule more activitites because we had time for more things.
  • I would do more biking
  • I would do less time for badge work because I put to much time


More photographs available here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/dmHUmaUfCVy8nRTi9

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?